1 lb boneless skinless chicken
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch cayenne
Nonstick cooking oil spray
1. Slice the chicken into pieces (not too small, we will cut them smaller later)
Place them in a large plastic zipper bag.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together oil and spices.
Pour the spice marinade over the chicken pieces.
Stir with a spoon till all the chicken pieces are evenly coated in the
3. Close the zipper bag.
Place chicken in the refrigerator and let it marinate at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
Oven Cooking Method
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spray the baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil.
Place the chicken pieces on the sheet
2. Place the chicken in the oven.
Let it roast for about 15 minutes until cooked through, turning the chicken pieces once with tongs halfway through cooking.
3. Take chicken out of the oven and let it cool slightly.
Use a sharp knife to slice the meat into small, thin shawarma-like pieces.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet on the stovetop over medium. Pour chicken into the skillet and saute for 3-4 minutes till the smallest pieces of chicken turn brown and crisp.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
5. Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet.