- 2 medium sized beets
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 2 tsp baking soda (divided)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak chickpeas covered overnight for approximately 9 hrs covered with water with 1 tsp baking soda.
- The next day, rinse the chickpeas in cold water, rub the chickpeas with a paper towel so the skin peels off.
- Return chickpeas to a pot, cover with water again. Add in another 1 tsp of baking soda and 1 tsp salt.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to medium low and cook until tender when pierced with a fork (approx. 50-60 minutes)
- Cook the beets by scrubbing them well and wrapping in tin foil. Roast @ 400 F degrees for an hour. Scrub skin off when done cooking and chop into a few pieces, set aside.
- Drain chickpeas well and add to a food processor with all ingredients
- Serve with chips or veggies!
Coconut Bowls From – Buddha Bowls Beet Hummus